Have you noticed some brown spots on face that weren’t even there before? If you do, you are one of the many people who developed the brown spots due to sun exposure. Once we expose ourselves to the sun, there is an increased in the production of melanocytes, cells which increase the levels of melanin in our skin causing it to turn darker. These dark skin patches are often referred to as brown spots, dark spots, age spots, and sun spots. Though they are generally harmless, their presence still causes a major annoyance and unflattering to our skin. That is why you need to know how to get rid of brown spots on face.
If you want to get rid or lighten their dark shade, there is no need for you to spend a lot of money buying several cosmetic products and creams. The treatment for the reduction of brown spots can be found even at the comforts of your own home. And guess what? These are natural treatments too making them extremely safe to use.
How To Get Rid Of Brown Spots On Face?
Brown Spots generally appear on the face, neck, chest, shoulders and don’t worry it can easily remove from affected area by using the get rid of brown spots on face remedy it is very helpful and here are the lists:
One of the best ways on how to get rid of brown spots on face is through the use of horseradish. Often neglected and ignored, horseradish is extremely very helpful in dealing with your brown spots due to its skin lightening properties. Moreover, it is also helpful in reducing freckles and making your skin spotless.
- Gather all needed ingredients: 4 inches horseradish, ¼ cup apple cider vinegar, mix the two ingredients together, let its stay for two weeks.
- After 2 weeks had passed, strain the mixture.
- Soak a cotton ball with the mixture and apply it on your affected skin,do this procedure 3 times a day for at least a month.
2. Aloe Vera
It has healing properties that help in skin regeneration process.
- Gather all needed ingredients: fresh aloe Vera.Cut the fresh aloe Vera to get the gel inside.Gently rub the gel on the brown spots on your skin.
- Leave for 30 minutes and wash with cold water after.Repeat twice daily for a month to notice the improvement.
3. Castor Oil
Castor oil is well known for its strong healing properties which are helpful in getting rid of brown spots.
- Gather all needed ingredients: castor oil, Soak a cotton ball in castor oil and apply it to the affected area.Massage the area gently for a few minutes.
- Leave the oil on your face for a few hours, and rinse after.
- Do the procedure once in the morning and once during bedtime.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is certainly one of the best home remedies for dark spots on face as much as it is effective in other skin problems too.
- Gather all needed ingredients: apple cider vinegar, honey, and water.
- Measure equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and water.
- Dilute the vinegar in the water, honey may be added to the solution, but this is only optional.
- Apply the solution to the affected areas and let it stay for a few minutes, rinse thoroughly and do this once every day for a few days to get desired results.
Onion has an acidic nature and bleaching property which is very much helpful in reducing brown spots appearance.
- Gather all needed ingredients: 1 tbsp onion juice, and 2 tbsp honey,mix the two ingredients together and apply to the affected area.
- Let it stay for 15 minutes before washing it off.
- Repeat procedure once or twice in a day.
6. The Lactic Acid
Lactic acid contained in buttermilk helps exfoliate your skin to remove any blemishes including brown spots.
- Gather all needed ingredients: buttermilk and lemon juice.
- Apply buttermilk on the dark spots through a soaked cotton ball.
- Let it stay for a few minutes before rinsing off.
- You can add lemon if you have an oily skin or acne, but this is still optional.
7. Lemon juice
Brown spots on the face should be afraid of lemon juice. Why? Because it has bleaching properties which remove any signs of brown spots. It also helps to make your skin softer, clearer and more beautiful.
- Gather all needed ingredients: lemon juice, sugar, and olive oil.
- Mix lemon juice with enough sugar to make a paste that can be used as a scrub.
- Scrub the paste on your face gently yet firmly, especially on the areas affected by brown spots.
- Rinse off after 5-10 minutes. Repeat the procedure a few times a week.
- Adding olive oil is optional.
It has mild bleaching properties and helps in keeping your skin glowing.
- Gather all needed ingredients: plain yogurt, simply apply plain yogurt directly on your dark spots.
- Let it stay to dry for about 20 minutes, rinse with cold water. For best results, you can apply yogurt to your face overnight, and wash it in the morning.
Papaya is very much helpful in exfoliating your skin because it contains some enzymes and alpha hydroxyl acids.
- Gather all needed ingredients: 1 tbsp fresh grated papaya.
- Rub the papaya on your brown spots, and leave for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water. Repeat this twice a day until the dark spots are removed.
10. Sandal Wood
This has anti-ageing and antiseptic properties which reduce hyper pigmentation to get rid of brown spots.
- Gather all needed ingredients: 2 tbsp sandalwood powder, 1 tbsp orange juice, one tsp lemon juice, two capsules of vitamin E, cut the vitamin E capsules to remove the content and mix thoroughly the content with the rest of the ingredients.
- Apply the mixture to your face, and leave for about 1 ½ hour.
- Wash off properly. Repeat the procedure a few times a work for best results.